When I first heard this ep I thought about Morning Again. This due to the hard hitting mid-tempo riffs rather than the melody and in the urgency of their music, partly created by the spoken parts of the vocalist.
They aren't that famous but make an interesting mix of all the bands that had something to say, think about the bands I mentioned before (Morning Agian, 108, Have Heart) also the intelligent, critical lyrics are worthy of being compared to these bands. They broach topics like:
- the western society's fear caused by terrorism
- religious fanaticism causing genocide
- nowadays rebellion or persistent resistance
- surrounding social problems
What you see are the three colors that exist:
- 100 on the Vivid Burgundy
- 200 on Moon Yellow
- 715 on Gray/Red. 50 of these where used to create a Sound & Fury press.
Not highly desired on the market but for me definitely a gem...
And again a representative 1917 Records release: making a certain style variation that stand all on it own and separates itself from the pack, by doing a successful mix independent styles of hardcore. Even in their later work -the 'For Redemption' LP- they grow even more unique, so it takes a while to get used to this kind of hardcore. I will tell you about this release later on !